Shan Distribution Network is one of the most trusted food distributors in the USA, representing multiple well renowned FMCG brands from Pakistan and India. We take pride in delivering ‘Great Service’, ‘Great Quality Products’ at ‘Great Value’. Our partnership is built on trust, that is proven daily through listening to our customers’ needs and providing the best possible professional advice, product solutions and service.
Shan Distribution Network is an innovative and integrated multi-food products distributor based in the USA. With over a decade of experience, we plan on catering to all individuals and expand our reach with more than just South Indian Products in the years to come.
The Role as an Accounts Receivable/Sales Admin Specialist at SDN, you will be responsible for supporting accounting operations and partnering with our sales operations team.
- Receives and logs customer payments (checks, cash, or electronic payments)
- Communicates effectively with all employees and keeps the sales team informed on all customer payment activity
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of checks and customer payments in a timely and professional manner
- Notifies customers about delivery schedule and works with the sales team to edit/create sales orders.
- Follows up regularly for payment with customers to maintain smooth cash flow.
- Researches and resolves unapplied cash, aged receivables, and open credits
- Administers credit memo process
- Handles customer correspondence via phone or email related to questions on customer payments
- Collaborates with customers to routinely reconcile records and resolve discrepancies
- Assists Sales Admin team with sending customer statements or pushing reporting out to the sales team
- Record such items as checks received, cash received, or electronic payments with the correct codes conforming to standard procedures and accurately enters items into the Accounts Receivable System
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department & Sales Team.
- Experience using MS Office required
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-directed ability to follow up on pending issues
- Experience using QuickBooks (1-2 years preferred)
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age